Another day, another article about iPhone tweaks that you might be looking for. We all love staying alert about our notifications while the phone is in our pocket or bag. Especially if we are in a crowded place and can’t hear it ringing, and the vibration pulse always saves us right? But what if the vibration is not working anymore? Don’t worry we have the solution for you in this article.
Top Fixes for iPhone Not Vibrating or Vibration Not Working
Some of the iPhone users reported that vibration is not working on their phones since they updated their devices to iOS 16. That might be the case for you as well. Anyhow, if the vibration or Haptics (as it is known in the recent update) is not working on your phone, then here are some tweaks you should try to get the vibration working again on your iPhone.
Turn on Play Haptics in Ring/Silent Mode
First of all, if the vibration is not working, the logical thing to do is to check the vibration options on your device and make sure they are turned on. Before the iOS 16 update, you could find this option in different words and it was displayed at the top of Sounds & Haptics Settings. It used to be “Vibrate on Ring/Silent”. However, as I have already mentioned, it’s known as Haptics currently in the iOS 16 update. So, make sure that haptics in both ring and silent mode is turned on. By doing that, you can hear ringtones and alerts in ring mode with a vibration pulse. Whereas in silent mode, you don’t hear ringtones and alerts, yet iPhone can still play sounds when you play music or videos, and that of course with vibration. To turn on Haptics on ring/silent mode, do the following:
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to Sounds & Haptics.
- Scroll down and you must find the options under Ring/Silent Mode Switch.
- Enable Play Haptics in Ring mode if you want your iPhone to vibrate while ringing.
- If you want to keep your phone silent but want to stay alert to your notifications, then enable Play Haptics in Silent Mode.
Toggle on the System Haptics
It’s possible that your system haptics are turned off and for that reason, your phone is not vibrating. Enabling this option will play all the haptics for system controls and interactions. To turn on the System Haptics:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Sound & Haptics.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and toggle on System Haptics.
Enable Vibration from Accessibility
If you have already tried the above-mentioned tweaks, and the vibration is still not working then here is another one to try. This option must be enabled on your device if you want your phone to vibrate. If the Vibration is switched off, all vibrations on your iPhone will be disabled, including those for earthquakes, tsunamis, and other emergency alerts such as falling. To get vibration working on your iPhone, you must enable vibration by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Navigate to Accessibility.
- Tap on Touch under Physical and Motor.
- Scroll until you see Vibration, and turn it on.
Restart Your Phone
In case all the other options were already enabled on your device but the vibration is still not working, try restarting your device. I mean, usually, it’s just the most traditional solution to most of the technical issues. Sometimes it’s just a temporary error and restarting your iPhone shall fix it. To restart your iPhone,
- Press and hold the Power and Volume buttons at the same time.
- Slide right to power off.
- Switch on your iPhone again by pressing and holding the Power button.
Update to The Latest Version
Usually, iOS users face some bugs in the newer update as soon as Apple launches it. However, the best thing is that Apple always comes up quickly with bug fixes for every update. So, if the vibration is not working on your iPhone after updating to iOS 16, update your device to the latest version of iOS 16 which is iOS 16.0.2 right now.
To update to the latest version:
- Open Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- If the page is just blank, wait a few seconds till it checks for the latest update.
- Tap on Download and Install.
Reset Your Phone’s Setting
If vibration is still not working, resetting your iPhone’s settings to default is one approach to resolving this issue. While carrying out this action won’t remove any data from your device, it will reset all of the iPhone’s settings, including vibration, to their default values.
Before beginning this method, I highly advise backing up your iPhone with iTunes or iCloud. To Reset all Settings on your iPhone follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down and tap Transfer or Reset iPhone at the end of the menu.
- Tap Reset.
- To confirm the resetting, select Reset All Settings. You will be required to enter your passcode if you have one. your phone would restart after this step and the vibration should be working.
Other Tricks That Might Help if Vibration is Not Working
If vibration is still not working after trying all the approaches above, don’t worry there are still some tricks that you can attempt to make it work. Try one of these:
- If you are having a magnetic case for your iPhone, try removing that case because it hinders the vibration.
- Disable the Low Power Mode if it is enabled.
- Disable Do Not Disturb Mode if it is enabled.
- If you have your iPhone paired with an Apple watch that might be the reason for the vibration not working. It should work if you unpair your Apple watch.
To wrap up, we tried to provide all the approaches to fix the “vibration not working on iPhone” issue. We hope after going through this article you find your approach and fix the vibration on your iPhone. However, in case of vibration is still not working on your iPhone, we assume that it is just a mechanical problem and it needs to get fixed by a professional technician.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or other approaches to resolve the non-working vibration issue, let us know in the comment box below. Also, you can join our Facebook Group for discussion and daily tips. Keep visiting our blog for more iPhone, iPad, or Mac solutions.